Chris Larsen bought his first single family rental at age 21 and currently owns and controls 2000+ units in various multi family-syndications. He had a fascinating journey and slowly built up his knowledge and experience over many years to get where he is today.
During a wide ranging conversation, Chris and I discussed:
- How a tragedy in college dramatically changed his focus
- His early rental and stock market investments
- Investment lessons learned from 9/11 and the 2008 crash
- How difficult his spouse (and many others) found it to juggle motherhood and a career
- His first syndication of 100 units and how he quickly accelerated afterwards
- His thoughts on how best to prepare for the next downturn
- And much more besides!
Book Mentioned: "The Secret Life of Real Estate & Banking" by Phillip Anderson